Wednesday, June 29, 2005

LifeWork Plan Assessment

Taking a LifeStyle Assessment from time to time can help you keep in touch with how you are actually living. Often I know what to do and think that I am doing it. After taking a Stress Management class and keeping a log of my actual behavior, I realized that I don't always do what I know I should do. Taking a LifeStyle Assessment helps me to be accountable to myself and practice a healthier less stressful lifestyle.

Circle the statements that you can say yes to today:
  • I eat 4-6 servings of fruit and vegetables each day.
  • I do at least 20-30 minutes of exercise or an hour of activity each day.
  • I don't need sugar, chocolate, caffeine, tobacco or alcohol to get through the day.
  • I can close my eyes, relax my body, and think about nothing for several minutes.
  • I spend more time reading and communicating with others than I do watching television.
  • I take time for creative expression and appreciation of music, beauty, and humor on a regular basis.
  • I laugh everyday.

If you couldn't circle most of these statements, then you are probably a typical American. Americans tend to think that watching television is relaxing and spending money makes us happy, but comfort doesn't lead to health and money doesn't lead to happiness.

Learn to design a life of health and happiness with a personal LifeWork Success Plan. Contact Nancy Miller, LifeWork Coach.



This website is intended for informational purposes only. For career advise, coaching, or counseling, please seek out a professional who can meet your personal needs. See links on the side panel for referrals from professional organizations.

Copyright LWD © 2005 Nancy Miller